The New Members Round Table and the Technology and Trends Round Table are partnering up to offer our members a unique opportunity. Many new librarians and MLIS students are looking for ways to build their resumes and gain practice presenting, but our busy schedules and tight budgets can make this difficult. Webinars are becoming one of the most popular ways for many of us to participate in professional development. We also know that you, as new librarians and library school students, are learning about cutting edge technologies and coming up with amazing ideas, programs, and more.
So, we want to provide the opportunity for you to gain practice presenting, get some professional development, and share those ideas with other librarians! In the new year, we will start a series of webinars presented by YOU!
We’ll kick off the series in January with a webinar on best practices for presenting online, and then for the months of February, March, April, and May, we’ll enjoy webinars presented by you, the members of NMRT and TNT.
Here are the guidelines:
– must be a current member of NMRT & TNT
– presentation must be related to technology in some way (best practices for using it, teaching it, applying it in a new way, emerging technologies……)
– each presentation will last no more than an hour, including time for questions
– webinars will be conducted via Google Hangout
– deadline to submit: January 30, 2014
– participants will be informed of acceptance by: February 7, 2014
To participate, you’ll need to submit a proposal here:
Please contact Kathy Shields (kshields[at]highpoint.edu) or Melanie Wood (melanie.wood[at]cpcc.edu) with questions.
We look forward to hearing all of your great ideas!
P.S. This series is designed for new librarians and library school students. If you are not eligible for this series, but are interested in proposing a webinar for TNT, please contact me at kshields[at]highpoint.edu. We would love to have you present on a tool or trend for your fellow TNT and NCLA members!