The New Members Round Table and the Technology and Trends Round Table are partnering up to offer our members a unique opportunity to gain practice presenting, get some professional development, and share your ideas with other librarians! In the new year, we will start a series of webinars presented by YOU! This series is open to any member of NMRT OR TNT – you do not have to be a member of both organizations to submit a proposal.
Never presented online before? No worries! We’re kicking off the series on January 15 at noon with a webinar on “Best Practices for Presenting Online,” led by Beth Filar Williams, Coordinator of Library Services for Distance Learning at UNCG. Then, for the months of February, March, April, and May, we’ll enjoy webinars presented by you, the members of NMRT and TNT. This webinar is open to everyone.
Please RSVP for the Jan. 15 webinar here: http://bit.ly/1lzCjt2 We will send more information out about this webinar soon.
Here are the guidelines to participate in this series:
– must be a current member of NMRT OR TNT
– presentation must be related to technology in some way (best practices for using it, teaching it, applying it in a new way, emerging technologies……)
– each presentation will last no more than an hour, including time for questions
– webinars will be conducted via Google Hangout
– submit your proposal here: http://bit.ly/1dtzwdN
– deadline to submit: January 30, 2014
– participants will be informed of acceptance by: February 7, 2014
Please contact Kathy Shields (kshields[at]highpoint.edu) or Melanie Wood (melanie.wood[at]cpcc.edu) with questions.
We look forward to hearing all of your great ideas!